A Heart Safe Campus Community
With the goal of reducing deaths due to cardiac events, the UC Davis Fire Department coordinates the implementation of the Campus’s Enhanced Life-Saving Program, intended to facilitate the placement of automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) throughout the Campus Community.
For Departments interested in acquiring an AED the basic steps are:
- Department determines that AED placement is desired, and secures appropriate funding.
- Department AED Coordinator (the department’s contact person) facilitates training of personnel in AED use.
- Department AED Coordinator submits an AED request with proof of personnel training attached.
- The UCDFD facilitates the acquisition of an AED prescription from the Medical Director.
- Once the prescription has been granted, the UCDFD procures the AED and accessories, and charges the purchase to the requesting department.
- The UCDFD meets with the department's AED Coordinator to identify an appropriate location for AED placement.
- The UCDFD distributes the AED to the requesting department, who is responsible for the installation of the unit.
Click this link to view the policy: ucd_aed_policy.pdf